Chris Kouwenhoven


Litterbox problems?


Litterbox problems top the list of reasons for owners to give up their cats. The WCC is happy to report that by following some simple guidelines, 80% of house soiling problems can be easily solved. (The other 20% can be solved with a little more work.) It is essential to take into consideration the cat's natural instincts when providing a toileting area for kitty. For example, it is instinctual for a cat to seek out a clean, easily raked substrate in which to eliminate. (Studies show that the vast majority of cats prefer the sand-like texture of the clumping litters--though it is not recommended for kittens under the age of 4 months.) Cats also prefer to urinate and defecate in different areas. You should have one litterbox per cat in the household, plus one. The litterboxes should be roomy (at least 16"x22"), clean and unscented, and placed in private, yet accessible, areas throughout the house.

Nieuwsbrief
Geen artikel missen?
Schrijf je dan in voor mijn nieuwsbrief. Het is gratis, je kunt je te allen tijde ervoor afmelden (en weer aanmelden), verschijnt maximaal 1x per week en bevat een selectie van nieuwe of aangepaste artikelen die geschikt genoeg zijn voor de nieuwsbrief.
* E-mail:



Stuur mij de Nieuwsbrief


Advertentie